family collage

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

OUR CHRISTMAS NIGHT 2013

One of the things which I'm sure you may be tired of reading about in this silly little foodie blog (besides us being fabulous and all... tee hee) is how I am a person who loves traditions. It's not like my parents imposed how they wanted to do these things on us but because what we did before as a family imprinted such happy memories on me that I also wanted my children to have the same experiences as well.

For Christmas 2013, amidst the challenges that our country faced and, on a totally trivial level, the warm weather we still have up to now, we celebrated our Lord's birthday ALMOST the same way we did as before.

No hotel getaways away from home....

No  revelations that Santa is not real...

and most important of all...

No one was "absent" on this special night.

HOWEVER... We were only human and change IS  somehow inevitable. So we just made a few tweaks in how we did our Christmas night.

Do read on! This may well be our Christmas card from ERICJAZ FOODIES to you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!





CHRISTMAS NIGHT!!!

Before, we would usually go to Santuario de San Jose in Greenhills. Now we wanted to go somewhere nearer where there are more available seats for us so we heard mass at Powerplant Mall tent. 

Our experience the last time was very solemn and comfortable so my Dad suggested we hear our CHRISTMAS NIGHT mass here again!






I really think there's something about the CHRISTMAS breeze that made hearing mass al fresco more special!


  




My 2 guys were so behaved all throughout the CHRISTMAS service! 











Last year, POWER PLANT mall ended the CHRISTMAS mass with fireworks. But now, to Andrei's relief,  everyone was given green and red candles to light and be connected with each other. 






Andrei waited for the lady in front to light his green candle. 





And then my bunsoy passed his flame on mine!






Now isn't it this heart warmingly beautiful?







We all said an extra CHRISTMAS prayer and sang songs.

Check out Andrei hypnotized by the candle light!






He loves staring at candle lights... It puts him into a trance like a cutie moth to a flame!







Mass is done!





But our CHRISTMAS picture taking is not! Ha ha ha ha!






We might be late so Andrei decided to call home. HA HA HA HA!






I think CHRISTMAS is also about being happy and wacky all inside!











And having pictures beside moving POWERPLANT MALL animals!








POWERPLANT MALL has the nicest CHRISTMAS displays!






Of course the boys were raring to go home so they could open their gifts!







But not without taking our MANY CHRISTMAS pictures first!





AND

our CHRISTMAS dinner too!



That's me whipping up the salad!







Our CHRISTMAS table!





Somebody was excited to open his many presents!







My Mom and sibs were also busy doing their kitchen magic for the CHRISTMAS Noche Buena as well!



TIME TO EAT!



We always had my Mom's killer stuffed chicken with savory gravy for Christmas. But now, they wanted to go for the healthy route (savages!!!) that my Kuya Jon cooked his BAKED SALMON with MUSTARD HERB TOPPING.







I cooked one of my specialties... the GAMBAS PASTA. This should have had MORE shrimps but it disappeared to another dish. HA HA HA HA HA!






Here's the culprit... PRAWNS IN BUTTER GARLIC SAUCE... 







My MOM's Sweet Filipino style SPAGHETTI!





Also my Mom's nummy yummy CHRISTMAS MORCON!






And my usual vegetable salad with lots of arugula!!!




For CHRISTMAS NOCHE BUENA, we would always have home cooked meals. But now, my Mom included some packed and take out grub to lessen the hustle in our kitchen. He he he he he!



CHRISTMAS Sweet Purefoods Ham!

(Just to be clear, I still love Anejo/Ginebra in Basketball. Tee hee!)






My Dad's favorite PAELLA VALENCIANA from LAS PAELLAS.

(See our family lunch there HERE!!!!)





MY favorite PAELLA NEGRA with Garlic Aioli Sauce!







Our CHRISTMAS NIGHT FEAST!






Kiddies were in the special table!







While the bigger people stay here!

LET'S EAT!






My CHRISTMAS plate! My carbo laden CHRISTMAS plate!!!! 






... and a sneaky salad with lots of Ranch dressing!






LET'S EAT!







MERRY CHRISTMAS Mom and Dad!






MERRY CHRISTMAS Kuya Jay and Karen of  LAKBAY MESA!




When we EAT we also love to TALK! That's why our meals would usually take up an hour or two!


But of course, this time, we wanted to get on with the "program" so we lessened the usual chit chat and just chomped!





But not without  my Dad's request of picture with his favorite apos!






I think we all got our wackiness from my cool Dad! :)







Little Andrei... ALWAYS last on the table!!!







While waiting for the others to prepare for our family picture taking, TEAM YAP decided to go ahead.

This would have been perfect if it were not for... ahem... a Mommy photobomber... he he he he!





US! 






The boys were getting too wacky for our CHRISTMAS shot that I told them to be a bit serious... 

THIS is what they gave to me. HA HA HA HA!







FINE! At ease!






This would have been our favorite if it was not too blurry! He he he he!






Now let's start it all with a kiss! he he he he!







ATTACK!







The boys went at it first....







We always exchanged presents since the days of yore! I remember that when we were kids it may be as simple as giving out a toothbrush (WHO DID THAT? WHO? Me... Ha ha ha ha ha!) but everyone each got everyone gifts for every CHRISTMAS night!







Now, kiddies would always howl with excitement from what they got from us and Santa!



SO SORRY if I was not able to take pictures anymore. Let's just say that I also dove in to my gifts like the  little grown up that I am!






MERRY CHRISTMAS from my GATDULA family!!!







Again... my parents with the grandkids!







When you see IT... you'll sh*t bricks! HA HA HA HA HA!







After putting the kids to sleep and cleaning up, me and my sis had a little CHRISTMAS wee hour snack and coffee! (This was around 4:00am I think!)






Come CHRISTMAS morning, I woke up to some NOCHE BUENA leftover breakfast... He he he he!







The CHRISTMAS MORNING after table!






MY PLATE!

Cheese... Toast with Jam... Ham.. and my CHRISTMAS gambas pasta! HE HE HE HE HE!

Till next year!





HAPPY HOLIDAYS from ERICJAZ FOODIES!

Sorry for my long post.... He he he he he! That's how much we love sharing our stuff with you :)



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hiya Mae! Ha ha ha! Thanks!!! I love spending the holidays with family! Makes everything more special! Merry Christmas to you too!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the special cameo. Had fun eating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...